Old 09-11-19, 09:17 AM
bakerjw

Bikes: Giant TCR/Surly Karate Monkey/Foundry FireTower/Curtlo Tandem

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by sumgy
If it is a work vehicle, I will call the business and report a WH&S issue involving one of their field units. Businesses are much more scared of having our WH&S inspectors visit their businesses than they are of the police.
A couple of years back, I got buzzed by a truck and trailer delivering equipment for a local well known rental company. It is a place where I've rented a lot of things over the years. I didn't get a truck number but I contacted them with a description, the road that I was on along with the date and time. They contacted me and advised that they held a special meeting with their employees about respect for cyclists on the road. Sometimes employees need to be made aware that their actions reflect on their employer.

Originally Posted by Daniel4
On the road, it's probably just as productive arguing with a harrasser as ignoring him. But you'll end up more aggravated AND risk getting into a physical altercation.
I had a guy in a pickup surge and dive in front of me on a semi busy road a few weeks back. I was turning off in about 100'. I exchanged some gestures with him, he stopped and started to get out of his truck. I've no idea of what he planned to do; however, I will never get physical with a motorist. Once there is a fist thrown or a push, you take it and call the authorities.
We are in the right if we call out bad behavior and I will continue doing so every time that someone puts my well being in jeopardy.
Likes For bakerjw: