View Single Post
Old 09-30-21, 05:32 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
I have used a Two Fish bottle holder on my folding bike, but in that case the base of the cage sat on the bike frame. The velcro and rubber method of attachment might slide if you tried that on a carbon fork. I would not advise that for your bike, although it worked great for me where I could strap it to a seatpost extension and support the base of the cage on the frame.

I put some sticky backed foam (weatherstripping) on my frame to protect the paint from the cage.

My folding bike only had one cage, I had two more liters in the saddle bag. This was in West Texas where you can get quite thirsty. The Two Fish cage gave me a second liter on the frame.

I suspect you will end up using a backpack with a hydration bladder. A lot of bikepackers I have seen carried a backpack.