Old 12-04-21, 05:08 PM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Bassmanbob
I've never experienced a post ride illness, but I could not argue with your point. I'm sure it has happened, and now that you've mentioned it, I probably wouldn't do that again. I want to deny it, but it really could happen. Good point. Thank you.
I've never suffered a post ride illness either. (Now I've cursed myself!)

I can say that I used to do the Bike Ride Across Georgia (BRAG) (four times) years ago. One year they reported widespread post ride illness and attributed it to sweaty gloves and hands in common food at rest stops. This is a June ride in Georgia so sweat is abundant. They took action the following years and required that all gloves be removed and that hands be sanitized before approaching food thus alleviating the problem.

As a side note; unfortunately, they lost a few volunteers due to abuse by some of the riders who tried to be noncompliant. One very nice woman and very long time volunteer quit after being labeled, "The Food Nazi" by some belligerent a-holes, even though other riders at the stop defended her. What BRAG has done lately, I don't know. Never-the-less, in today's pandemic world, rest stops need to take and enforce whatever precautions they can.