Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
1UP is the gold standard, IMO.

If you get a single tray with an add on, with the single tray configuration it folds up flat against the bumper when not in use and is completely out of the way of the rear hatch.

Also, after 5 salty winters in upstate NY, there is no rust and they look great (other then a couple bolts which were not stainless that I’m going to replace.

If something were to break they are very modular and easy to work on. Also easy to make upgrades, like swapping out the 1-1/4” insert for a 2” if you get a 2” receiver in the future (or you can use their very solid adaptor)

The only limitation I can think of is that it takes some finagling and hassle to use it with a full coverage rear fender… or at least to go back and forth between a bike with and without them. But 1UP does sell a sliding crossbar/wheel clamper thing that makes this a lot easier.

Among nearly everyone I ride with (both road and MTB), 1UP is what most eventually end up with. Once you see them in the flesh and use them, the value becomes apparent.
Likes For Kapusta: