Old 06-24-22, 07:49 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,180 Times in 770 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
This is what is wrong with your entire "you should" approach to this thread--OP isn't going to be going 25 mph in a group ride, they're riding a recumbent and are more concerned with being in the right gear at stoplights. They find the markings useful in doing this. You and I wouldn't. That doesn't make them wrong.

OP wasn't asking what's right for the majority of folks. Seriously, who but marketers GAF about that? OP wanted a feature that you and I don't care about, and was given some pretty good advice about a work around, but you seem to feel better about yourself if you can scold OP for asking the question.

Lol. I don't know about you...But when I approach a stoplight or stop sign I will A.) keep it in the same gear and keep rolling if I can see that there aren't any cars coming or B.) If I see cars coming or can't see if there any then I switch to an easier gear so it's easier to take off from a stop. Again...a little common sense goes a long way.

Long story short...We aren't getting gear indicators back on ours shifters. So learn how to adapt.