View Single Post
Old 09-11-22, 03:20 PM
LV2TNDM

Bikes: Cannondale tandems: '92 Road, '97 Mtn. Mongoose 10.9 Ti, Kelly Deluxe, Tommaso Chorus, Cdale MT2000, Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser, Torker Unicycle, among others.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 201 Times in 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
500lumen headlights are so cheap nowadays I wonder if they are good quality. A lot of them listed in Amazon come from China and don't have brand names I recognize or have reviews on Youtube or Google searches.

My 250lumen Petzl still works but I get frustrated with the smart detector: I think I had set it at the highest luminosity when riding about an hour before sunset or dark cloud conditions then I find out the smart detectro had turned my light off.

Ideally I'd like a really bright light in the daytime so drivers trying to turn left across the street at the intersection will see my light glaring at them. The same deal when I try to make eye contact through darkened car windows.
I purchased two 1,000 lumen lights for $20 on Amazon well over 5 years ago. Both still working just fine. They're incredibly bright. But they're the "old school" light with separate battery pack and charger. I stopped using them when the more convenient USB rechargeable, all-in-one lights became readily available. They're very easy to move quickly between bikes. No chargers or batteries to misplace or forget. So for these reasons, I've stopped using those lights from Amazon.