Old 03-01-18, 08:27 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
Depends on your values. I take a shower before work and then because I rode a bicycle that morning, I may sweat a little more afterwards and if that or some other thing I've revealed about myself such as a love for bicycle riding in general is what limits my career growth well too bad. I'm not going to spend 35 years in rush hour traffic every day when I could have an enjoyable bicycle ride just because I might offend somebody.

It helps that I'm a top notch software engineer with lots of value to my company based on my skill set. Coding is what I love, so I've never been wishing to move up the ladder into management where I could learn to be frustrated about the way things get done instead of doing it myself and being proud of how it came out.
I used to be like that. Till I had children and the advancements made it worth it. I think by myself I could have lived and retired as a tractor trailer driver. Good pay and between docks no one to tell you what to do.

I often thought that you and some nurse friends I have had a great outlook and good pay.

Still the promotions were big enough to make it worth it. I had enough to pay off the kids student loans so it would not be a rock trying pull them down.

I see you as almost a private contractor working for a company. A bit like a company having a private car rather than renting one. Yes it was supposed to be humorous.