View Single Post
Old 12-07-13, 04:07 PM
Lascauxcaveman 

Bikes: A green one, "Ragleigh," or something.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 630 Times in 356 Posts
Peugeot Vagabond ca. 1985 which I got last summer from fellow CVer mparker326. Maybe he already posted the bike on this thread, I haven't gone back through all 50 pages (yet)?

SX610 Simplex RD looks all metal but it ain't. There's still quite a bit of Delrin in there, underneath the shiny chrome. This is a part I got from fellow CVer Randyjawa after the original one died an ugly and brutal death in a tangle with a deadly rope/stick combination that was waiting in the deep trailside weeds for me one day. Also a big thanks to fellow CVer smontero for dropping the very clean correct Maillard dork disk on me, also having needed replaced from the same tangle.

Lovely bit of Stronglight here, which I like a lot better after replacing the middle 45T ring with a 39T from Spa Cycles. And stupid cheap at $19 (shipped!) from England. Also cheap: those notoriously crummy Kenda gumwalls that got their own thread a while back. They'll stay until the end of the winter and then be upgraded when I pull this bike back off the shelf for riding again. This is emphstically not one of my rain bikes.

1979 Brooks Pro, best seat in (or out of) the house. This one gets around. I've used it on at least five of my bikes.

Soma rack I got from fellow CVer Cobrabyte. There's usually a big ugly Jandd box on there that I took off for the photo. The muted grey rack goes well with the grey shifters on the downtube, which I'm probably going to get rid of because of their massive suckitude. Seriously, they are the worst I've ever used. If you tighten them up enough to hold a gear, they're nearly impossible to budge. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
● 1971 Grandis SL ● 1972 Lambert Grand Prix frankenbike ● 1972 Raleigh Super Course fixie ● 1973 Nishiki Semi-Pro ● 1979 Motobecane Grand Jubile ●1980 Apollo "Legnano" ● 1984 Peugeot Vagabond ● 1985 Shogun Prairie Breaker ● 1986 Merckx Super Corsa ● 1987 Schwinn Tempo ● 1988 Schwinn Voyageur ● 1989 Bottechia Team ADR replica ● 1990 Cannondale ST600 ● 1993 Technium RT600 ● 1996 Kona Lava Dome ●

Last edited by Lascauxcaveman; 12-07-13 at 09:18 PM.