MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10165 Post(s)
Liked 5,856 Times in 3,153 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01
exactly! My reasoning thus far was: I received a complimentary oil change offer from the dealership. But they didn't mention the 3 week wait. So now I have 5k miles on it and it's time for the change. So to prevent problems with the warranty I elected to get sodomized by Uncle Ed. So I think from now on I'll be back under my car every 3 to 5 thousand miles changing my own oil. I'll have to fight it out with the dealer if I need warranty work if it comes to it.
I have a crummy little 3-cyl, 40 hp diesel in the boat. It was made by Shibaura, sold by Perkins, and painted green, marinized, and attached to the saildriveby Volvo-Penta. This provenance is very carefully hidden by V-P so they can sell you parts and consumables at a 200% premium. Their oil filter goes for, maybe, $28 with exorbitant shipping if you really search high and low and there is seemingly no generic! If you know the Perkins model #, as probably 1/10th of owners do, suddenly there’s a world of OEM and quality generics for 6-10 bucks.

Last edited by MoAlpha; 06-14-22 at 04:34 AM.