Elbeinlaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 68 Posts
Exhausting and sequential thinking

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Amazing how a little sleep deprivation can mess with your reasoning,
I can top that! When I was a freshman in college, I was 1. not getting any sleep 2. taking a large courseload 3. breaking up with the girl I thought I was going to marry while falling in love with a wild woman to whom I later became engaged (and then then disengaged) 4. trying to keep myself from failing calculus, which I thought I understood. 5. deciding to go against generations of family culture by changing my major from pre-med to English and 6. taking a chemistry lab while 7. never sleeping through the night. So, that chemistry lab was kicking my butt, as everything does when you're afreshman. I finally succeeded after many hours in the lab in producing whatever substance the finals challenge was supposed to produce, and was walking out the door with my success in a flask in one hand and some other liquid in my other hand. The door was closed. My hands were full. There was nobody around to help. So I came up with a solution: let go of the flask, open the door, get the flask again and proceed . You'll note that I said "let go," not "put down, " and let go I did. My flask of success smashed at my feet. Years later I learned that sequential thinking is the first thing to go when you're tired.