View Single Post
Old 10-18-10, 02:24 PM
UrbanWarfare
U-Lock Warrior

Bikes: Diamond Back Sorrento (Converted to commuter) and a fixed gear from unknown origins (the only thing I know about it is the saddle is Origin 8, everything else is a mystery.)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I refuse to carry a gun, and pepper spray is to random and clumsy like a blaster pistol. I ride all over Los Angeles, and go to some sketchy places in order to get from gig to gig. I fit my frame with a quick release bracket to hold my .38 caliber U-Lock. Only had to use it once, and it wasn't on an assailant, it was on a friend who wouldn't quit hitting the buckle on my bag. I forget which American president it was who said, speak softly but carry a big u-lock. Just remember you gun toters, put your hand cannon away. You don't want to bring a gun to a u-lock fight. I'll show you the meaning of Kryptonite.

Carry a big u-lock kid, no one messes with a guy riding hell bent for leather screaming the lyrics to a random Metallica song, while wildly waving a u-lock over his head. Remember, ride quietly and they may not assault you but they will laugh at you. Ride like a lunatic and they will make you their leader.