Old 09-30-22, 03:08 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
I used Schwalbe Marathon Winters 35c.

All studded tires are slower, but they're fthe fastest that keeps studs on the griund at all time. For light ice you run them at higher pressure which leaves 2 rows of studs on the ground - for worse conditions you let a little air out and all 4 rows of studs contact the ground.

What they don't handle as well is built up ice and snow, nothing is really great on it, but if I went back to it I might get 45nrth gravdaps instead. Slower. But they had a better reputation for handling uneven surfaces.

You always need a backup plan as no tire will handle all winter cobditions, snowplows plowing the road are nessary dor cars to get theough, and bike trails - if plowed - tend to get plowed last.

I don't know much about the other brands, that's why I'm not commentung on them - the problem with thinking about brands with problems is anything popular eventually gets someone who had a bad experience with it. The stuff with no conplaints is the stuff no ine is using which is sometimes stuff so bad no one even even bothered trying it.