Old 05-25-21, 10:12 PM
homeless in ca.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
There wasn't a reasonable one. That's why I made the post. I am not so selfish that I can't see life through the lens of others and empathize with them.
I had my own moving truck. And there's no excuse for parking in the bike lane. Not only is it illegal and dangerous and antisocial but my customers wouldn't like it. They'd think I'm a schmuck. So you just shouldn't do it.

Some buildings even have a doorman or security guard who won't let you park in the driveway either. Drivers have to find a place to park, load everything on a dolly and bring it through the garage. However long that takes. Those are the rules.

When people pay for delivery or hire movers they expect someone to bring the proper equipment and do the job right. No shortcuts.

Drivers who park in the bike lane are bums.

Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
I do note that you didn't take a stab at answering my question.
This one?

Thinking about the bigger picture, about 8 times more pedestrians are killed each year in the USA than are cyclists, so why is forcing him to push his dolly across 3-4 intersections or more a better solution than me going around?
Too easy. The big picture is that cyclists and pedestrians are killed by bad drivers. And making bad drivers obey the rules will make the roads safer for everyone.