View Single Post
Old 02-20-19, 01:40 PM
Bholio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
We had an orange one, purchased by my father in the 1970's. It was sold by a store called 'Alexanders' and the name of the bike was 'Alexfold'. It was made in Italy, the quick releases on the seat and handlebars said something like "Brevetto??' or something. We gave it away around 2005. I'd like to think it is still being used somewhere in SW Florida.

Everyone who rode the bike loved it. For some reason, it had the right gear ratio and ride quality for the flat area in which it was ridden. Always an easy ride. Always comfortable. I sometimes rode with the hinge open, like a swing-bike.

It had some quirks. It came with 1 black tire and 1 white tire. The stem, handlebars **AND** brake levers were one piece. The brake levers were welded to the handlebar. My father cut one off with a hacksaw to replace it. It was a single speed, freewheel, with dual handbrakes and no coaster brake. The chainguard wrapped quite far around the front chainrings, but did not cover the whole chain. Was larger folded than unfolded.