Old 11-24-22, 10:52 AM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
IME the only maybe on the OP's list is the multi. The other stuff definitely works, maybe not exactly by performance? IOW if you take the supps for a couple days and then don't for a couple days, is your performance noticeably different between those two periods? Maybe not. I think there's more of a cumulative effect. Being able to go a little bit harder every day, even if it's only a little bit, adds up over the weeks. A little bit better recovery adds up, even a little bit. My saying is that "supplements are a feather, training is the hammer." Meaning that if one takes advantage of those little bits of improvement by bringing it on, those feathers add up. Otherwise not.

Creatine is totally safe, probably the safest and most studied supplement there is, but results have the same caveats as in the above discussion. I've been taking it daily for over 20 years, not dead yet. So far this fall, I've been on a slightly different regimen, going to the gym 3X week and riding my rollers also on most of those gym days. I'm putting on muscle and at the same time slowly losing weight.

No steroids here either! Testosterone supplements which work - maybe Tongkat Ali. Definitely works on male rats!