Old 11-24-19, 08:17 PM
TriBiker19 
Just call me Carrie

Bikes: '82 Fuji Supreme, '85 Shogun 200, '89 Centurion Ironman Master, '89 Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
At the end of last month (oct 27) I rode my Carbon Ironman in a 1/2 Ironman. Since then I've only ridden once, my '89 Ironman , Due to illness. So now, 4 weeks later I plan on a short ride today using my '89 Summertime Blues Ironman again. I love that thing. I made some adjustments and still may need a shorter stem, I'd love to have an original nitto, (anyone have one?). As it is, it's a bit longer, compensating for the shorter top tube than I'm used to. We'll see.
The month of Nov has been a bust as far as working out hopefully Dec will be better. Heres my goals for Dec leading into the new year and season. I plan on running 5 days a week mon thru fri, and riding only one day with my riding partner on Sundays. Lifting weights 3 days a week M,W,F. Also stretching everyday. When Jan comes the real training will start.
The last pics I posted of my Ironman bikes were with my phone, not so great. So new pics with my tablet are in order but I'm gonna leave my accessories on this time. So what are your riding goals leading into the new year IronKids?
I'm 26 weeks out from my HIM. I'm planning on going down to the site and driving the bike and run routes. As for run--I'm capped at 3 days a week. I've tried running more than that and it just didn't work out for me. I have a bike in the trainer and no reason not to ride it. Building speed and endurance in my rides. Short/fast and long/slow. I have five weeks to build training base.
Of course, I managed to injure my bicep and I've been in PT for a couple of weeks... The injury is rare enough that my PT has to look up how to treat it. Fabulous. Next year I'll have my husband get the ton of pellets instead of surprising him with it sitting in his side of the garage.