burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Also the talk comments are for the ones...you know who they are. The rider who gets dropped a few laps in before it got really hard who spend the next 2 hours telling everyone how they were "right there" and how if they just hadn't of ridden the "long ride 3 days ago", or how they messed up their warmup that they would have been fine. "Looks like you guys slowed down too right after I left." "I totally could have been there in the sprint if that guy from ____ wouldn't have cut me off in the 3rd corner of the race"

No...you wouldn't have been there. You did better than me as I didn't have a number on today but you were still going to get chewed up. Embrace it and learn from it.
Would "right there" be more like how I had 200 to go in a 3 man sprint (with a gap of 200+ yards to the field behind) and had a dude take out my front wheel sending me OTB?

I think that would qualify as close. Even then, I didn't really care how close it was. As that was a DNF and I was in an ambulance. And dnf's ain't worth jack. My teammate in the race with me waxed nostalgic once about the race. After posting my story and licking my wounds I'd rather forget about it. I'm glad nobody ever found video of the race, I don't want to see that.