View Single Post
Old 11-26-22, 01:22 PM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3202 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 1,163 Posts
I put the Trek 930 back together this morning. I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me, so I won't. All it needed was wheels and brake levers and cables. I'm decidedly out of practice. The reason I did it is because the bars on the Paramount have such a deep drop that it's uncomfortable to use said drops. And I have a set of bars that I bought as part of a lot, probably ten years ago, and never mounted. Very shallow drop and very wide spacing. 48cm outside to outside. They are bigger in the center and can't use a normal stem--likely why I never mounted them. Why didn't i just mount them on the Paramount? Because it has a wired computer on it, and it seemed like it would be too big of a pain. In hindsight, maybe not. Truing up the back wheel, last thing, I discovered it's missing a spoke. My lucky day! NDS. I then adjusted the front brake cable on the 414 and, when spinning the dynamo hub, got the distinct impression that its bearings would do well by being attended to. One of the last new things under the sun for me, antique bicycle wise. I have a bb dynamo that I would someday like to set up. Someday when I have time on my hands.
The test ride will happen after lunch.