Thread: Dahon vs. Zizzo
View Single Post
Old 02-14-24, 03:48 AM
RZetlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am still looking into the differences between the Zizzo Urbano and Liberté.

Differences include difference seat (wider - Urbano vs. narrow - Liberté). How hard is it to replace the seat?

Also with tires (1.95" - Urbano vs. 1.5" Liberté).

Does having wider tires make is easier for travel?

Can I change the Liberté tires to a wider one - 1.95? Or do I have to replace the entire wheel (rim?) of the bike?

- If no flying, a bifold 20" should be fine. On paper, I think a 20" bifold, wheels off, seatpost out, and any tall rack unbolted and nested tight around the frame, should (I hope) pack small enough for the 62" combined girth max for free checked luggage on Southwest airlines. Many of the other airlines not do not charge extra for any bike, even a full size non-folder, but still charge standard checked bag fee, last I looked it was $35, but could have gone up.
Sorry, I am not familiar on what is bifold 20" is.

The Zizzo Liberte' is the clear winner. That HollowTech style bottom bracket makes a world of difference when it comes to pedaling smoothness and efficiency.
I am not familiar with the HollowTech style bottom bracket. What is the benefits of having a HollowTech style bottom bracket? Does the Urbano have this bracket as well? I can't tell with the pictures I have seen.

Last edited by RZetlin; 02-14-24 at 03:58 AM.