View Single Post
Old 09-28-22, 04:07 AM
Positron400

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 219 Times in 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Fountain
Hi CliffordK, I always think in AUD but I have found that USD and AUD match up reasonably closely when it comes to bikes - even though the AUD is worth much less than the US dollar. That said, the same bike offered for sale in the US of A and in Australia would see a cheaper US price but still close.

I still think it would be worth closer to $3000 as this era pantographed bits and pieces are a bit rare and the frame is in pretty good condition. $2000 would be a fantastic price to pay for this bike but I would aim a bit higher if I were selling it. The frame is painted in that very desirable Colnago pattern and the saddle, often seen with this paint scheme, is also extremely desirable and looks to have a bit of life left in it yet. It's a bike that only needs a little love and sorting out. I'd pay a little bit more to find all these desirable features in the one package. This bike was definitely someone's pride and joy and it will be a new owners pride and joy. It won't be a museum piece but it will be a practical classic.

If you saw this bike resting up against a wall at a cafe, etc., you would have to stop and do a bit of drooling.

Too bad it is way too small for me and I too think the saddle HAS to be dropped for safety and aesthetics. I'd also drop the stem a bit.
Thanks again for clarifying - I'll happily sell it for a bit over 2k USD/EUR (excl. shipping). Hopefully I find some interested buyers. Our market is quite small