Old 10-26-21, 11:08 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2339 Post(s)
Liked 2,832 Times in 1,545 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
Not cable, it's the housing. The housing that is supplied w/ the derailleur is very flexible, it's basically 4mm brake housing. This is because the last piece of housing it pretty short given how it attaches to the derailleur. Since it's supplied w/ the derailleur I'm sure we all assumed the OP had used it. Not that it's impossible to put a wheel in if you used normal shift housing, it's just a little easier w/ the flexible housing.
to me this is really interesting and good info shows
1) good to just read random threads there is good stuff to be learned
2) need to think system, not component. the newer level of components you have, the lower the level of flexibiliyt. No more just throw it on, and it will work because you are friction shifting (i.e I changed a rear cog, chain and derailler in rain and hail, in a parking lot for the cino ride in about 15 minutes with 6 speed friction....not happening for me with indexed and i have done a fair number of indexed set ups)

Likes For squirtdad: