Old 07-07-20, 04:51 PM
johnlink

Bikes: 1988 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I also evangelized to @johnlink to get a mirror. He tried a Take-a-Look mirror on his glasses and didn't like it. He now has a handlebar end mirror on EACH end of his handlebars. He is about to embark on a 4,000-mile trip around the USA, so I'm eager to hear how they work out for him.

On Wednesday, in NYC traffic, I saw in my mirror a patrol car behind me with its flashing lights. I quickly pulled over, and the car went on. So that's good.
Here's what I wrote about my mirrors in my review of my gear (https://johnlinkbikingadventures.blo...my-gear.html):

The two CAT EYE - BM-45 Bar End Bike Mirrors I installed in my handlebar ends added greatly to my comfort and safety. Although they are rather small, their convex shape allowed me to see a large area behind me. With their ball-and-socket joints I was able to adjust them so I could see what I need to see whether I was on the hoods or in the drops. I used the left mirror the most, but the right mirror was needed when the road curved to the right.