View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 06:27 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I also evangelized to @johnlink to get a mirror. He tried a Take-a-Look mirror on his glasses and didn't like it.

He now has a handlebar end mirror on EACH end of his handlebars. He is about to embark on a 4,000-mile trip around the USA, so I'm eager to hear how they work out for him....

Originally Posted by johnlink
Here's what I wrote about my mirrors in my review of my gear (https://johnlinkbikingadventures.blo...my-gear.html):

The two CAT EYE - BM-45 Bar End Bike Mirrors I installed in my handlebar ends added greatly to my comfort and safety. Although they are rather small, their convex shape allowed me to see a large area behind me. With their ball-and-socket joints I was able to adjust them so I could see what I need to see whether I was on the hoods or in the drops.

I used the left mirror the most, but the right mirror was needed when the road curved to the right.
Originally Posted by mountaindave
However, it is surprising sometimes just how quickly someone can come up behind me in a car seemingly out of nowhere. I’ve fortunately never been hit, but definitely been made to feel like an easily squashable bug by impatient or inconsiderate motorists.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Thanks again for that reply. I'm a mirror advocate, virtually an evangelist, and I wear two eyeglass mounted Take-a-Look mirrors, left and right (link)...
I have posted about the advantages:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I use both left and right rearview mirrors, in my case Take-a-Look eyeglass mounted ones. I got the idea from a cycling companion who used only a right hand mirror.

The additional right hand mirror affords a pretty good rearward view, but is particularly useful [including]:

1. Riding on the left-hand side of a one-way street

2. Riding in the middle or left lanes of a two-way thoroughfare

3. In a rotary

4. On a curved road to the right

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 07-08-20 at 06:35 AM.