View Single Post
Old 08-04-21, 11:39 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Surly is a great option or if you want a little nicer those Niner SIR bikes are pretty freakin' cool. I am quite happy with my Salsa Timberjack Ti but they don't make that frame no longer so you would have to go with Al-you-min-ee-yum or 'loominums if you are in 'murica which ain't for me. Steel is real, Ti is fly and aluminum and carbon don't rhyme so they must have done the crime.

However I will say on my Timberjack it is more a bike packing bike than a touring bike and no outright mounts for racks but a good frame builder could add them and there are also plenty of other options to carry stuff. I got their frame bag because it was on sale and while I haven't used it much for actual bike packing it would work great and with my seatbag and maybe a front roll I would be pretty set. Though I don't have plans to bike pack much on it mostly mountain biking but I like the versatility because why the heck not?!