Old 10-16-21, 07:11 AM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Originally Posted by rosefarts
The most future proof option is Gevenalle levers and shifters or the same levers with bar end shifters....... It looks like cassettes and chains in 10sp will be easy to find for a long time, though maybe not Dura Ace.

The above would work really well but neither would have the sexiness that you currently have.

In your position I’d get gevenalle. It actually might shift better than the original. I’ve been thoroughly impressed with Microshift shifters on a few bikes I’ve had.
I am a huge fan of the Gevenalle lever/shifter setup and have them in 10-speed form on three bikes including two Litespeed Titanium frames so they aren't on low end bikes. Over the years I've used friction and indexed downtube, barend, Shimano STI in 7,8 and 9-speed versions and 10-speed Campy Chorus shifters and found the Gevenalle to be the most low cost, durable, convenient and upgradable option I know of. In the OP's case they would allow him to keep all of his other Dura Ace components including his wheels, derailleurs and brakes and 10-speed cassettes and chains will be around for many years to come.

They certainly don't have the sexininess of Dura Ace or Chorus/Record but sometimes social status should take a back seat to usefulness.