Old 04-15-22, 01:23 PM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,255 Times in 1,311 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
@Clang finds a bundle everywhere.
It's hard in areas of the country where the Craigslists bike ads don't even fill a single page. If you're very tall or very short things get harder quickly! Setting price filters helps because it's easy to pick out interesting bikes from the sea of kid's bikes in the sub $100 price range. Try using Facebook Marketplace too, though it can decide to show you some very random listings. Bookmark anything worthwhile, because there's no guarantee it will show it to you later.

These Clunker Challenges always get me looking extra hard at local listings and right now the most interesting bikes are too far north of the Twin Cities for me to seriously consider. Usually I'd expect to find mountain bikes for cheap, but right now it's 70's road bikes...

This ($60?) Batavus Tour de l'Europe with an upgraded crankset. It looks like it's maybe a 24" frame (though it's hard to tell with bad pics)- an inch too big but perhaps within the fudge-factor range.

And this $50 Opaque Blue Schwinn Super Sport since I've always wanted to try the comfy ride of fillet-brazed Schwinns.