View Single Post
Old 08-06-22, 03:56 PM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearhawker
I'm not sure what "zone 2" is. I've attached some screenshot snippets from Strava for a 30-some km (all my riding is fasted) ride I did this morning. Not sure what they mean by "massive" in the second attachment... I didn't even break 200 BPM so I wouldn't call it a hard effort. lol

The second attachment might be an approximation of "zones"? On my upcoming Gran Fondo I expect to be in Z3/Z4 (as per the second attachment for maybe 3 hours day 1, 8 hours day 2 and 2 hours days 3)

200 pound rider (I walk with a cane sometimes), 50 pound bike with a 28T chainring... I'm happy with my current progress.

213 at 90kg is 2.36w/kg. Even I who eats a ton of carbs could do that for 90 minutes without needing to fuel. So I am not really sure what your point was here.

I highly doubt you can do zone 4 for 8 hours. By definition one isn't able to do that. Zone 4 is usually around +/- 5% of FTP which is 1 hour max. Ah, I replied without looking at the screenshot, that is a heartrate graph. That is not really very accurate or predictive.

Will you eat when you ride 8 hours a day?