View Single Post
Old 08-07-22, 08:44 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearhawker
I will eat after the ride. Nothing but black tea with lemon juice before the event and water and electrolytes during the ride, like *all* my rides. I won't even stop at the lunch stops - because I'm not fast on the fatbike, I don't waste any time stopped.

The Gran Fondo will be shorter overall with *WAY* less climbing than the Cabot Trail I did in 2019. On the Cabot Trail ride none of the days were more than 100km but there was ~4100 meters of climbing, 1950 meters on day 2. The Fondo should be "easy" compared to that ride and I ate nothing before supper then, too.

I have no way of measuring power at this time so I have no idea what I output. If I could afford that kind of accessory I might get a faster bike first. lol
Not sure that is something to be proud of.

In his podcast, I believe even in the episode with Inigo san Milan, Peter Attia talks about his attempt at achieving a ketogenic state, and even then he mentions that he could eat a ton of carbs and stay ketogenic because they would just get used up as fuel during exercise.

Anyway, fat is slow burning, you can train yourself to use it as a fuel source exclusively, but there will be a limit to your power output. At some point where you are outputting too much, fat won't do it anymore.