View Single Post
Old 08-31-22, 10:55 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6976 Post(s)
Liked 10,975 Times in 4,695 Posts
Thought I'd come back here with a little feedback on the Silca Gravelero mini-pump, now that I've had it for about a week -- and had to try it out on its maiden voyage.

Compared to the Silca Tattico, in which it is based, the Gravelero is exactly the same length and uses the same hose and clamping valve assembly; the Gravelero is fatter (hence the higher air volume), has a smooth exterior (rather than the Tattico's texture, which picks up - and holds onto -dirt), and is a little lighter -- mine weighed in at 143g. The mounting bracket is relatively beefy and secure.

The one issue I have with the Gravelero is that the rubber cap, which fits over the business end, is tiny -- it really only covers the end of the valve assembly, rather than the whole top of the pump (as on the Tattico). This seems like a nice way for dirt to get in there. Don't know why Silca changed that.

In use, the pump performed exactly as expected: I got a tire cut that would not initially seal completely with Orange Seal, so I pumped it up a bit and rode home. Took fewer pumps than it would've with the Tattico.
Likes For Koyote: