View Single Post
Old 05-18-23, 10:01 AM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
Decals**********?

Hey, I just got the bike in my hands a few days ago. Have not had a chance to clean it yet.

I did check out the head badge though. It is actually in good shape. Under the dirt It is definately a New World.

I have been busy tha last couple weeks rebuilding the fence that runs across the front of my property that was blown down by this winters wind storm.

The estimates I got for rebuilding it shocked me at around $5,000. Rather than put up all new wood I bought con heart redwood posts and rails to replace the pressure treated posts that failed in 2 years, propped up 3 posts that were still intact but blown over due to the super saturated soil, and re used all of the 1x8x4' full cut redwood boards. Total cost for posts, rails, and 4 bags of cc mix $850. ( that redwood is like gold and only found at the best lumber yards).

Now that the fence is standing again I can get back to playing with bikes. The New World is going to get a nice cleaning and then reassessed. I also have a Schwinn Varsity that I am going to do a weight weenie build on. New Aluminum cranks , aluminum 1x8 running gear, Flip flop bars, 700 c fork from a Bianchi, 700 c race whels and tires, and other insanity to follow. Looking for inspiration on paint.

Last edited by capnjonny; 05-22-23 at 11:21 PM.