View Single Post
Old 06-05-22, 04:06 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18455 Post(s)
Liked 15,693 Times in 7,376 Posts
Originally Posted by PDKL45
You would be much better off appealing to the YouTube algorithm IMO. Google how to do that. I get so sick of vlogspam that I go out of my way to avoid watching those videos, in general principle. I think many share the sentiment. Let YouTube find people who like watching weed smoking videos and recommend yours to them, by working the YouTube algorithm.

I recently took over a Facebook group that was wall to wall YouTube links; every other bike tourer pumping out the links. The only problem is that the group metrics showed 1-2 active daily users. It was a group full of aspiring YouTubers yelling into the void. Is there a reason to post links if no one's going to click on them?
I’m a member of a very big Facebook bike touring group. It happens a lot. Seems like people trying to monetize their YouTube channels. I almost never watch the videos.

Someone on this forum used to post a lot of video links. Her climbing hills. All you would see is the front view and hear her breathing. No interesting scenery at all. 💤