View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 04:58 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
Originally Posted by wrk101
3. If I were KING, I'd change the appraisal forum name to value OPINIONS. Thats all it is, and my figures are my opinion as well. Want an appraisal? Step 1, find a vintage bike appraiser. Step 2, pay them $50 to $100 for a real appraisal. What people get here are not appraisals, they are just opinions.

4. FWIW, a very similar 1989 Stumpy just sold on ebay for $1200. Does anyone think it is worth that much?

5. The last thing you don't see on ebay is time. How long was the item for sale? Was it days, weeks, months or even years?
To address the rest of your points, sir:

3) If I were KING, I would do away with that forum completely. I suppose it is too much to expect that such a public place could ever be held to reasonable standards.

4) It probably is to someone if that's what got paid.

5) That should be something you state when you present your opinion about the value of a bicycle if you want to respect the potential buyer/seller asking for assistance. Maybe they have months or years to sell it? Maybe they need fast cash. I always attempt to address whether or not the values stated in my responses are based on the fact that one might have to wait or not to get such an amount. If they don't say so then I shouldn't assume one way or the other.

By the way, the Portage that just sold for $1,825 was listed last week.

-Gregory

Last edited by Kilroy1988; 06-26-22 at 05:04 PM.
Likes For Kilroy1988: