Old 01-04-07, 08:29 PM
int19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MnHPVA Guy
Sweet! If that's your 1st resto, I'd say you are off to a good start. I was hoping that, since my wife seems to think that 4 bikes (and the rear of our tandems) are all she needs, it would find a good home. Certainly looks like you've provided that.
Yep, my first. I think it came out really, really nice. A lot of people have made comments about it, especially with the Brooks B18 Ladies saddle.

There is occasionally discussion on the CR list about ethics of "Outing" bikes. So I've never been completely sure doing so was appropriate. Till now!
Yes! Thanks a bunch! Its a real chore to find a nice mixte in general, and a nice small one (<50cm virtual top tube) at that. This one, though not a lightweight by any means (frame and fork are like 9 lbs), has moderately ornate lugs and a fully chromed frame, which is nicer than what I've seen around here...

I don't remember what it looked like originally. Do you have any photos?
It was sold to me as a frame and a fork only (I didn't take pictures) so I don't know what it looked like. It does have a random cable stop on the right chainstay. (for a Sturmey-Archer hub perhaps?) The only place I found anything about the Chiorda name was on Sheldon Brown's vintage lightweight guide...