Old 08-20-22, 04:42 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
1981 Raleigh Record Ace

I picked up this 1981 Raleigh Record Ace (Reynolds 531, suntour drop outs, worksop built) earlier this year and started working on it. I sprayed frame saver inside the frame, overhauled the hubs and headset, and installed a new bottom bracket and crank. This bike was sold only for a few years in the early 80s and in the UK only. My bike still has the sticker from the shop in the UK that originally sold it. The wheels (maillard red label laced to rims with a raleigh sticker), brakes (weinmann 605), and headset are original. I've replaced the bar and stem with a nitto randonneur bar and stem, the swaged SR crank with a shimano 600 triple, and the saddle with a brooks narrow B17. The derailleurs (suntour cyclone front and rear and suntour ratcheting) came on the bike when I bought it. I believe the bike originally came with campy gran sport derailleurs. I really like the pinstriping on the bike. I picked this up from bwilli88 earlier this year who did a very nice job of packing and shipping the bike.

Likes For bikemig: