View Single Post
Old 04-24-21, 10:52 PM
LisaG71

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by late
When you say bike touring, do you mean traditional touring (tent, sleeping bag, stove) or lite touring (motels, B&B, restaurants).

What sort of mileage do you plan on doing?

You live close to Acadia, and there is a lot of good riding there. The perimeter road is scenic, and if you want some exercise ride up Cadillac. Make sure to stop at the Jordan Pond House after, they will be open in June. Have the lobster chowder and popovers.

You can also rent Mtn bikes, if you don't have any, and do the carriage trails.

You could also ride to Acadia, do some rides there, and then take the ferry over to Winter Harbor. From there you can ride most of the way home off Rte 1. There is a nice B&B in Cherryfield, the Englishman's B&B.

The Augusta area has some excellent training rides, quite hilly. The Maple Hill Farm is our favorite B&B and is just south of Augusta.

The North Conway, NH, area also has excellent training rides, really quite hilly.

https://www.amazon.com/25-Bicycle-To...5799189&sr=8-1

Yes, actually I am very close to MDI. But, I am really not into lobster. I usually eat it twice a year! As far as going up the mountain . . . I don't like that road in a car, let alone bike it! WOW, scary!!! but, I will check out the carriage roads. If my ex-husband ever gets his lobster boat in the water and starts fishing on his own, I'll take a ride to winter harbor. the ferry is rather pricy. and more interesting and closer to go by boat from Stonington to winter harbor.

Milage? I don't know yet. It all depends on how my operative hip does. more just planning and seeing where I can go that I don't get run over by ATVs