Old 09-22-21, 03:56 PM
Fade24

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
Again I concur with others who are saying you should just obtain a dedicated trainer instead of reinventing the wheel (pun not intentional). You’re coming up with all kinds of cockamamie ways to construct a DIY trainer because of suspected tire wear outside the universal norm, when you can get one that won’t cause damage to your bike, for less than what you’d spend to construct a DIY one. But now you’ve created troll suspicion with your question

Where can I buy a trainer tire? Are they easy to install and how much should I expect to pay.Also how do I find out what size tire to get?”

Are you telling me that you have the mechanical expertise to build all these DIY training stands but you don’t know where to find your tire size, nor how to install a tire?

I call troll.

Dan
Not a troll. I haven’t researched yet how to find what tire size to get. I’d assume on the side of tire similar to cars. Just talking. I’m being lazy I suppose.

This post, was just for me to find the cheapest possible way to ride my bike indoors.

I’ve seen trainers used on fb/Craigslist just was concerned with wear on parts is all. I’m not mechanically sound when it comes to bicycles. However I want to be and have been researching since I posted this.

I also like doing diy projects. So I looked on websites and YouTube.
There is a new one that interests me as it is dirt cheap, and simple to build. Maybe it won’t work, maybe it will. Until I can find cheap used rollers.

Or I will go the trainer route as many on here have helped alleviate my concerns about them.

That’s all. I just made an account to post on here. I searched for forums on bicycles and this popped up. I didn’t take my time to think out what I’m writing. Was just a quick post.

Thanks.