View Single Post
Old 01-14-22, 10:04 AM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by msalvetti
January Goal: 150 miles
1/2: 16.2
1/4: 16.2
1/5: 16.2
1/12: 16.1

MTD: 64.7

Last night was 8F, but tonight was about 30 degrees warmer so I managed to ride. First mile on the MUP was good, but the next mile was unrideable due to ice and snow. I walked a mile, then rode on the street to the next town and picked up the path there. Turns out of the five towns the path runs through, mine is the only one that doesn't clear snow. One even salted, which was a nice touch but the loose salt made corners treacherous. I'm going to call the DPW tomorrow and see if I can get them to plow, and if not, I'll have a chat with the chairman of the Board of Selectmen. Hope to get at least one more ride in before frigid weather returns on Saturday, then another storm on Sunday.

I did find this awesome little flashlight on the path tonight. I figured it was one of those cheap ones that you can buy anywhere, but this thing goes for $70.

Mark
Nice find.