Old 03-29-23, 05:48 AM
Rodrigo Kenobi

Bikes: Trek Domane AL 5 Disc 2022

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Ogsarg
I received the Vittorio Next TLR tires yesterday from Lord Gunn and installed one on the rear. The bead is thicker than other tires and stiff and it was not easy to mount, although I have had worse and was able to get it on with a lever as opposed to resorting to the tire jack. Was super easy to seat. This was last night and I won't have a chance to get in a good ride till Monday so will report back on ride quality.

BTW. This was my first order from Lordgunn and was impressed. Shipping was not that much and it arrived here from the UK in 3 days.
No kidding about those being not easy to mount. I tortured my thumbs enough before resorting to levers. My mistake, I guess.

However, the damn tires would not seat! I have an airshot tire inflator, but most of the tire simply did not get seated. Frustrated, I resorted to taking them to my local bike shop, expecting that their compressor would make short work of it. But no, they still refuse to seat. Yesterday afternoon they messaged me that I should bring them some of my preferred sealant (Orange Peel is nonexistent on our market), they would try to re-tape the rims and finish the job today. Really hoping it's the tape's fault and not some inherent incompatibility between this tire and wheel combo. The previous Michelin tires I've been using were super easy to set up and maintain.