Old 07-10-17, 10:41 AM
autonomy

Bikes: 2012 Canondale Synapse 105, 2017 REI Co-Op ADV 3.1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 133 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
Sounds like a great vacation! Good to have you back in town and riding.

I took the Gazelle out today for 54.1 miles. Mostly roads I've ridden recently, but Baker Bridge Road from Lincoln Center to rt 126 is always worth another run. Past all the semi-famous old architects' houses (look up Gropius House). Walden Pond must be a popular place. The state is apparently limiting the number of people by closing it temporarily. This is twice in a row I've ridden by and seen the "Re-opens at 1:30" signs.

Some nice pastoral scenes from Baker Bridge Rd.

The obligatory stop for lunch at Ferns in Carlisle. Lots of bikes out today. This was only 11PM, early for the usual rush.

So many wheels so little steel
So many folks yet so few spokes
For hands the brift, not brake and shift
Whence the glory? No sew-ups tell the story.

(But you can almost spot the Gazelle hiding in there somewhere.)
Walden is notorious for being overcrowded. I think they limit it to 1000 people. Wife & I used to stop for a little bit on our bike route through the area but last time they were turning EVERYONE away, even walk ins. Shame, we were only going to spend all of 10 minutes there.

Rode to Carlisle with the wife this Sunday, fantastic riding weather. No one was at Ferns, probably too early. Saw many, many cyclists on our way back, several packs of over 10-15 people. Probably a total of 50-75 cyclists, very busy day. Wife thinks it's PanMass training season. Personally, I'm thinking of signing up for D2R2, the 40 miler.