Old 08-10-18, 11:35 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I only demo'd Training Peaks so never had enough time in it to get the hang of the CTL and ATL figures and such. I just pick my "dumb plan" and apply my power for the zones and go do it. I don't have time for mega 12 to 20 hour weeks. So the intensity is a bit different anyway. You all are talking a different world I'm not into yet.

Rode the group ride last night. Felt like I had a disproportionate amount of time on the front along with another guy I ride with. Our turns were all in the several minutes range, and other guys taking turns in the 30sec range with skips. I can "TT" or sit at tempo just fine. But it's annoying dealing with surges and being back on front again just a mile later. They weren't able to pull much.

Even so, I wore my souvenir polka dots from the France trip and went off up the pair of hills on my own to prove my worth....lol. By hill, I mean 2 min hills if gunning for it and 3min if not. I waited at the top of the first one. The second one is the last one, so just went on back to start. Wasn't caught. Lost time waiting to turn near the end, so almost caught. I couldn't gain any more time once the grade went under 2%.

240w NP and 20min over 300w for a 90 min group ride. The majority of the 20min spent in the 330+ zone.