View Single Post
Old 07-18-20, 02:13 PM
Rorysmith

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcer
The more I see of them in use by "regular" riders in the neighborhood, the more intrigued I've become. A lot of people site a number of reasons for liking them, "more stopping power", "better modulation", better performance in the wet", etc. While that certainly piques my interest, I've got to ask, "Is the different in braking performance worth the cost of n+1?" As far as braking "power", I can lock up both wheels easily with my existing rim brakes and since I'm a fair weather pavement rider almost exclusively, performance in adverse conditions isn't much of a concern.

Mind you, it's been a looong time since I've bought a bike and the idea does excite me. So go ahead... Convince me
Advantage of disc brake is The littler wheels permit more extensive tires and marginally lower designing for more unpleasant path.

The wrecked talked advantage is genuine, particularly while visiting. Pleasant not detaching a brake to continue riding. plates give better mud freedom. Circles make wheel changes snappier too, no stress over discharging the link to clear wide tires.

I genuinely don't comprehend the remarks about disc brakes being high upkeep.