Old 07-28-20, 06:11 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone
And what's wrong with a gentlemen's toy? I guess I am a gentlemen and I would take a DB-11 over anything red.
I was referring to gentleman racers who, unless I am mistaken, are the guys that pay their own way to race at high levels because nobody is willing to pay them to drive. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Originally Posted by iab
Let me get a shovel, it's getting really deep ....
So which part are you implying isn't accurate? That modern day F1 completely overshadows LeMans in every way conceivable? Or that I'm skeptical of your ability to tell us exactly what Il Drake was thinking? Come on...

Originally Posted by iab
Actually, my real problem with Ferrari are all the gold chains you have to wear if you own one.
I know you are kidding, but I also know there is some truth there. Unfortunately, just about every luxury brand (not just autos) has become riddled with tacky jerks sporting their wears. Porsche doesn't have the high ground here.

In fact, when I had a summer job as a valet at a country club, for every jerk showing up with golf clubs in the passenger seat of his Ferrari, there were 10 doing the same thing (some put them in the front trunk) with their Porsches, and 25 with their BMWs (regular trunk).

Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
...others started paying more attention to affordable bikes that were as good as the Italians but cost 1/5 to 1/4 the price...
People have been saying this for years about sports motorcycles. It's bunk.

Originally Posted by Piff
We are fairly well removed from WWII, so maybe you aren't aware, but that isn't a nice thing to say.
Check out the Ken Burns documentary about WWII, and particularly the contributions of Katherine Phillips Singer