View Single Post
Old 09-07-21, 11:15 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,628 Times in 1,044 Posts
After cleaning the chain with ATF I hit the bike with the hose, fair pressure, water only. If its really dirty with sticky mud or clay then I use laundry detergent with a soft long bristled brush like a 4" paint brush. After getting the dirt off I hit the bike with my leaf blower and blow all the residual water off of it. Then I spray the entire bike with Armorall Tire Foam (brand specific). I get the foam on every thing. I then take dry clean rags and wipe it all off. The Armorall Tire Foam treats all parts of the bike well and gets along with metal, plastic and cloth. It also leaves a thin layer of protection on the surface. After wiping off all the tire foam carefully oil the chain and other spots.

I have tried using other tire foams and have found them not as friendly with my rattle can paint jobs, or that they leave a heavy layer of silicone on the surfaces. The Armorall Tire Foam has been the best.