View Single Post
Old 07-08-15, 10:02 PM
Mountain Mitch

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Exp ert Road and Specialized Stump Jumper FS Mountain; De Vinci Caribou touring, Intense Tracer T275c, Cramerotti, Specialized Allez, Condor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
I usually road ride with my wife, often with other couples. She rides a Cervelo R3 and I don't really have to make any concessions for a 60 km ride. In fact, it is occasionally a challenge! She also tours with me on those occasions we choose to do so, most recently in the southern islands of Japan. I carry the panniers and she carries a pack.

She is less enamoured of mountain biking so, when I'm mountain biking, at least half the time I'm on my own or with friends. This year she is finally coming around to the mountain bike. In part this is due to a recent trip to the Methow Valley (WA) where she discovered that our local trails really re some of the most difficult, technical trails in the world and mountain biking doesn't have to be like that! I don't expect her to do double black diamond but maybe the odd single black diamond by the end of this season.