View Single Post
Old 02-16-16, 06:44 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
…Sorry I didn't do nested quotes in your honor ... maybe after the next cup of coffee.

Originally Posted by rumrunn6
anyone know how to find your 1st post? I doubt mine was anywhere near as articulate
Hi @Maelochs and @rummrunn,

Thanks for those greetings to this old introduction to BF from 2008.

FYA, I recently wrote about my posting style. rr6, since you asked, my first post to BF after this Introduction, was on 7/14/08. You may find it amusing, since you are a fellow Metro Boston cyclist, and as you previously posted to my thread last January,

Originally Posted by rumrunn6
this is hysterical
Originally Posted by robsolete
Bitter Bostonian joins the ranks

Hey all,

My name's Rob. Been commuting around The Bean for about three years now, getting my stripes. So I figure I should come to the internets to say hello.

To stereotype, I'm about 40% fixed gear kid, 40% three-speed dork, 10% spandexerrific, and 10% crazy winter commuter.

And that's about it, I suppose. . .
My reply (not nested):

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Pronoid pedalist

Hi robsolete,

I once heard that the opposite of a paranoid is a pronoid, i.e. someone who believes the world is organized for their benefit. I just introduced myself to this forum today, praising the cycling here in Boston (living in Kenmore Square) and how I've organized my riding to enjoy it. On Saturday I did a beautiful century up the North Shore Coastline, though I admit such fine weather is a limited treat.

See also a recent posting to the General Cyling Discussion Group entitled, "Impressed by Massachusetts Bicycle Setup." Impressed by Massachusetts Bicycle Setup

Sincerely,

Jim from Boston
In a much later post, written this year I wrote:

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Consider me as Metro Boston's Ambassador to BikeForums.