Old 10-11-17, 07:07 PM
CHenry

Bikes: A bunch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rsanchezsaez
I just got my new Brompton (H6L) 2017 edition! I'm very happy with it, and I'm looking into performing some mods.

My first mod were the Brooks Ergon grips. I'm also waiting for a Brooks Swift Titanium saddle in a honey color.

(It was my sweet spot between weight and looks. I also looked into the Berthoud Galibier, but I didn't like how the plastic piece on the backside looks. The Brooks B-series are too heavy. The Brooks Cambium I really like, but all the titaniums are black, which is a color I don't like.)

What other mods (specially weight-saving mods, to offset the saddle and grips) would you do if cost is not a concern?

I'm considering getting a carbon or titanium seat post, but I cannot find many reviews of their effectivity and safety. Also, I'd go for Brompfication for their reputation, but their production is halted at the moment. I've seen H&H offering both Carbon and Titanium ones (https://www.ebay.com/i/192125533648?chn=ps&dispItem=1). Does anybody has any experience with them? I'm tempted by the carbon one due to a very low weight, but I'm worried because I read in a review that it cracks if over-tightened, and it slides if under-tightened. Any thoughts? (Note that I weight 140lbs).

Any other mods that you'd recommend?

Thanks!
A few:

1.The H&H titanium racks (sold at NYCE, and elsewhere) are very nice and light. Mainly it makes a better rolling platform, but it is a good rear rack when you may need one. You can add it to a "L"-Brompton easily. If you want to go with steel, Nitto makes a beautiful Brompton rack in silver and also black. CrMo.

2. The anodized 77mm rollers look good and have stronger 6mm bolts.

3. I can recommend the Selle Anatomica new type saddles: leather, center relieved, aluminum and stainless frame.

4. An upgraded elastomer damper: the scrowave washer springs are good as are the coil spring-type dampers.

5. Lights. The Schmidt XS dyno hub and Edelux II LED headlight and the Schmidt rear generator lamp. If you don't want a generator, look at the NiteRider 950 rechargeable.

Last edited by CHenry; 10-11-17 at 07:18 PM.