Old 05-01-19, 09:28 PM
julius rensch

Bikes: 1972 Raleigh Tourist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Kent T
I won't disagree with this. A small frame Raleigh Tourist was young physically challenged Kent T's liberation in the early 1970's. My first somewhat grown up bike and a step up from Raleigh Choppers. Only reason why I upgraded was when I got too big for it, and by 9 years old, I had a radio station job, had a FCC license, on air and assistant engineer, and no mean hand with a soldering iron and troubleshooting sick broadcast gear, and audio gear. I was well paid. And respected. When I outgrew that Tourist in 1973, an International (a New Old Stock smallest frame International with Campy everything was the successor bought for $199 from Drake Auto Parts in Maryville, TN. Who kept me in nice bicycles (Pediatrician advised Mom to get me the best bike affordable due to being Cerebral Palsied, short leg, and hip issues). Drake Auto Parts took great care of me. They kept my bikes in top condition, made that important, treated me as a friend. Saw that my needs were met. A model for LBS service. Taught me the value of fine people. Love the cat as I am a feline fanatic. And needy felines tend to be mine. Socks looks a lot like the cat which owns me, Baby..

Thanks Kent T...yours is a "feel good" message...Bravo,

Julius in Ohio
Likes For julius rensch: