View Single Post
Old 09-24-20, 09:07 PM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Been slowly reading through this topic again and my copy of Starting Strength, as finally in the process of setting up the 3*3m studio in the backyard as a small gym.

Had intended doing this for a while, more though about just staying strong rather than specific riding strength. As I haven't raced since 2015 plus my odometer clicked over Hawaii Five O so especially need to get started weight training again!

Impetus was the Half rack I mentioned previously being sold out when I checked earlier this year, as was most home weights equipment with Gyms closed around the world! I set a 'Notify me when back in stock' reminder and forgot about it... Then out of the blue last week I get an email that it was available again. In the hour of measuring the space again plus starting an email asking if they could swap the 7' bar with a 6' it was marked as sold out! Set another reminder and got another email a few hours later that it was available again. Bought immediately as wasn't making that mistake again!

Currently fitting a small wall mounted air conditioner I'd bought specifically a couple of years ago and will then fit retractable mosquito screens on the bi-fold doors which I had also bought earlier. Biggest issue then is buying the plywood sheets to double layer the timber floor as Melbourne is currently in full lockdown and the supplier is beyond the allowed 5km radius. At least the rubber gym floor tiles can be delivered and will order these soon.

Was considering swapping one 1*1m rubber tile in the middle with a ply sheet as a mini lifting platform, but now not so sure if necessary? Thinking 15mm rubber over a ply floor should be solid enough for squats and deadlifts? Roof height is low so won't be able to do overhead lifts inside. Stage two I'm planning on building a marine plywood lifting platform on the patio in front.

Will post photos when finished.