Old 11-09-20, 07:59 PM
rower2cyclist

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
If your FTP is 360 and you have trouble on rolling hills, well, that's one hell of a group!
One of the guys raced for his home country in the past, one of them switched from track & field like Michael Woods, one of them is a super strong Cat 3 in my area. I just met them. I guess I am ambitious enough to make the workout a bit entertaining for them.

Originally Posted by rubiksoval
If you're a Cat 4 with a 4.5 w/kg ftp (at 360w +!) , then it may not be your fitness holding you back.

I've raced elite national championships with less w/kg than that.
Probably says more about my lack of fast group riding skills, mental weaknesses etc. You may be right.

Originally Posted by mcours2006
Your rides sounds a lot like the the rides I did this past summer. From my own experience, I found that when I started doing longer endurance rides, like we're talking about 140 to 200 km rides, and sometimes over 200, my fitness improved a lot on the shorter 90 km rides with this group. I didn't experience the leg fatigue, and was able to push harder later. However, if you don't have the time to do longer rides during the winter, I imagine doing some longer hill repeats would be beneficial.
Thank you. I wish I could do these very long base miles. But that's close to impossible with two toddlers, job, life etc. Will definitely add longer hill repeats to my workout rotation.