View Single Post
Old 10-27-22, 02:16 PM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1965 Post(s)
Liked 647 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Well, it’s comparing cheese to chalk because apples can be compared to oranges according the Annals of Improbable Research. But this is a thing he does. I gave him a direct comparison that he asked for and he didn’t like it.
I have no problem with people who demonstrate true knowledge and contribute facts. What I don't like are psycho gaslighters who shape shift every time they are proven wrong to their face, evade by claiming their mistakes are not really mistakes, and move the goal posts after every defeat to hide their lack of knowledge. I tried very patiently to teach you about Shimano freehub standards, and also explain to you how hub shell design affects spoke angle, but in the end all my effort got was a "no, you didn’t correct me because my information was not significantly incorrect. It makes little difference and what little difference it does make is for the worse."

Of course... of course... It's "not significantly incorrect", "it makes little difference"... whatever you say... It's only the VERY THING that is CENTRAL to the whole hub standard vs spoke tension discussion LOL! And no it is not "for the worse". It is for the better. These are clear as day written in black and white facts that anybody who has built a wheel knows. You are a wheel builder so you OBVIOUSLY know. So why are you saying this? It boggles the mind that someone can be so shameless that they would openly attempt to claim that black and white and white is black. I get we are living in a post-truth political environment, but is OPEN LYING spreading even to Bike Forums? What the hell??? How do you come here with a straight face and pretend you can get away with this kind of manipulation?

This is exactly the kind of gaslighting I'm talking about. Buddy, you're either correct or you're incorrect. Stop with the psychopath attempts at doing a reverse-uno on truth. It is repulsive and makes you look ridiculous. Arguing with you is like confronting an amoeba. Every time someone tries to explain something patiently to you and establishes a fact you can no longer refute, you just withdraw by squirting out yet more slime. I thought we had moved on from this hub topic, but when I came back I saw that you had immediately gotten into another fight with Phuges, and you drove him so insane that he had to block you. What is it with your toxic personality that causes everyone here to can't stand you? And then right afterwards you come back and try to start with me again. Why???

If you don't want to learn from others and fill your knowledge gaps, then why do you even come to Bike Forums? You just come here because you enjoy arguing with people or what? When one person moves on you immediately start seeking out another person? What the hell is wrong with you man.

Don't forget track bikes use 120mm dropouts. Yes, those wheels are have symmetrical dishing, but those guys are 200lb bodyweight alone, squat 500lbs, and put out over 2000 watts which is over ten times what a regular cyclist pushes. They thrash their bikes around harder than anyone else and their wheels are completely fine.

Last edited by Yan; 10-27-22 at 06:30 PM.